Pin & Play Pin Cushion workshop with Stella (Saturday 12 June 9am-5pm)
Give your sewing supplies a fun splash of colour and texture. Learn how to make a hand embroidered pin cushion using contemporary stitch techniques in this fully made by hand textile art class. A one day workshop, in this class you will create a stitched surface design and then transform it into a quilted 3D pin cushion using a raw quilting technique. You will both further refine your design abilities through developing a unique surface design and also develop skills in several basic embroidery stitches.
Materials are included but you may choose to bring your own.
One hour lunch break - Bring your own or explore the cafes of Te Aro
Optional Materials students can bring:
- 2 pieces cotton fabric [at least 50cmx50cm.] These two pieces of fabric form the front and back of your pin cushion. Note that fabric can be sourced cheaply from op shops. 100% cotton bed linens can be particularly good. Leftover fabric can be used for other craft projects.
- Various fabric scraps (the tutor will also provide some)
- 3-4 colours of cotton embroidery threads
- 2ply baby yarn (1 ball in a colour of choice that contrasts to your chosen fabrics)
- Scrap yarn (any weight) the tutor will also provide some yarns for communal use
- Chenille needle for sewing with the thicker threads
- 1 normal sized sewing needle
- Sewing pins (bobble headed ones are easy to use)
- Sewing scissors (small) -for thread cutting 1 spool of cotton sewing thread – neutral colour
- Sewing tape measure (if you have one!)
Saturday 12 June 2021 9am - 5pm
Autumn - Term 2 (May - July),
Spaces left: 10
Fee: NZ $95.00